Skip to main content

Enrollment and Registration


Joining in the Oceanside Unified School District is easy to do. To determine which school a student should attend, please visit the School Boundaries Locator on our website and enter your address or potential new address.  The schools of attendance for that address will display.  For additional assistance, you may call the Student Services department at 760-966-7849. 
If you are purchasing or renting for the first time in the city of Oceanside, we recommend that you contact our office to verify the school of attendance for the address at which you will be living.
To enroll in school, potential students and their parents should provide the following to their appropriate school office:
  • Proof of Residency
  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Previous school transcripts or recent report card
For Proof of Residency two forms of documentation are required. Acceptable documentation includes current utility bills, cable TV, or rent/mortgage/signed lease contracts.

Notice to Parents/Guardians about Immunization Requirements

Under law SB 277 (as of January 1, 2016), exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs, are no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California. Most families will not be affected by the new law because their children have received all required vaccinations.

For more information about SB 277, please see Frequently Asked Questions. 

Senate Bill 277

For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit the California Department of Public Health’s website or contact the North Coastal Public Health Center at 760-967-4401. 

Shots for School Information


Thank you for helping to keep our children and community healthy.


No Shots No School
Students are required to present their immunization cards when enrolling in the Oceanside Unified School District.
California requires students who are from out of state to have verification of chicken pox either through a doctor’s note or immunizations. Chicken pox is a one or two dose series.
Hepatitis B is now required for entrance in California schools for all out of state students, except 7th graders. Hepatitis B is either a two or three dose series.
The other required immunizations are the normal infant shots and boosters of polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) as well as diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (DPT).

For students entering 6th grade:

A Personal Beliefs Exemption is is still valid until entering 7th grade only if it was signed by a doctor before January 1st, 2016.


For students entering 7th grade: 

A medical exemption letter it MUST be from a licensed California doctor and must indicate whether it is temporary or permanent.


For any students changing form one school to another:

Must have 2 Varicella immunizations, regardless of the grade.



District and school boundary information.


Forms List w/Links  (coming soon!)
  • Verification of residency
  • Caregiver Authorization
  • Affadavit
  • Joint residency