Welcome to Preschool
Oceanside Unified School District hosts seven state funded preschool sites at Del Rio, Garrison, Libby, Mission, North Terrace, Santa Margarita and Stuart Mesa Elementary Schools. In order to participate in the program, parents of enrolled children must meet income eligibility requirements as determined by the California Department of Education. Children enrolled in the program must live in the Oceanside Unified School District boundaries and be four years old on October 1 of the current school year.
State Funded Preschool Requirements:
- Meet income eligibility as determined by California Department of Education.
- Your child must be 4 years old on October 1 of the current school year.
- You must live within the Oceanside Unified School District boundaries.
- Oceanside Unified School District does not provide transportation for the State Preschool Program.
Please submit an original and a copy of the following mandatory documents
- Certified Birth Certificate (complimentary hospital certificates are not acceptable)
- Current Child's Immunization Record
- Current Negative TB test results for child
- Current Negative TB test results for parent participation (one day per month for 3 hours)
- Current Child's physical
- Current - FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH - Proof of income for all working adults in household (Military LES - prior month with forecast of next month)
- Proof of address
Preschool applications are ranked according to California Education Department's income requirements.
Only complete registration packets will be processed.